This is our summer evening race series for all riders from kids to elite around our 10 kilometers of twisty and flowing single-track course. We offer an exciting 14-race series with fun, social and competitive classes over distances of 10km or 20km.
A big thanks to our series sponsor Cycology Avantiplus who provide spot prizes and awards throughout the series
Please take the time to visit their website. or in store at Te Awa, the base – Hamilton.
Please Note : You must be a club member to pre-pay for the series.
If you haven’t done so already – please head over to our membership page to lodge your membership
- Wednesday October 22 and 29 from 5:30 pm
- Wednesday evenings every week from 5th November through to 17 December 2014
- Post-Xmas returning on Wednesday 21st January through to 4th March 2015
- We will be using the UCI Stage Race Class 1 points table awarding 120 points to 1st place through to 1 point for 35th place
- Season points will be awarded to your best 10 out of 14
- i.e if you race all 14, your worst 4 will be dropped
Listed with number of laps and start group (note – start groups may change)
- OEM Open Elite Men any age eligible (2 laps) Grp 1
- U23m Under 23 Elite Men (age under 23) (2 laps) Grp 1
- M1 Masters Men 1 (age 30 – 39) (2 laps) Grp 1
- M2 Masters Men 2 (age 40 – 49) (2 laps) Grp 1
- M3 Masters Men 3 (age 50+) (2 laps) Grp 2
- JM Junior Men (age 16 & under) (2 laps) Grp 2
- OEW Open Elite Woman(any age eligible) (2 laps) Grp 2
- MW Masters Woman (age 40+) (2 laps) Grp 2
- SSM Single Speed (Men & Women) (2 laps) Grp 2
- JW Junior Woman (age 16 & under) (1 lap) Grp 3
- SOM Social Open Men (age 17 – 39) (2 laps) Grp 3
- SMM Social Masters Men (age 40+) (2 laps) Grp 3
- SJM Social Jnr Men (age 16 & under) (1 lap) Grp 3
- SOW Social Open Woman (age 17+) (1 lap) Grp 3
- SJW Social Jnr Woman (age 16 & under) (1 lap) Grp 3
- FUNO – Fun Open Full lap (anyone) (1 lap) Grp 4
- FUNK – Fun Kids (junior / anyone) (1 lap – Special kids course) Grp 4
This year we will be trialing a ‘kids course’ in an effort to prevent our junior fun riders getting tangled up with faster racers.
- Rules about Cheating
- You will not start racing before the official start
- You will keep to the marked track – No Shortcuts!
- You will not enter a class you are too young/old to enter
- You will only leave the marked track to pass another rider, and when you do so you will ride beside the marked track. Passing is not an excuse to shortcut!
- Rules about behavior to other riders
- If you want to pass another rider, you will call out the side you want to pass on . For example “ On Your Right”
- If you are passing another rider, you are responsible for ensuring that you can overtake in a safe manner.
- You will not ride in a manner that causes unreasonable risk to other riders, event officials and spectators
- You will treat other riders, event officials and spectators with respect and courtesy
- You will not intentionally or negligently damage the course or equipment belonging to the Club or any other rider
- You will wear an approved safety helmet and appropriate riding clothing
- If you find another rider injured, you will ask whether they need help and stop if required to assist.
- If the club receives a complaint that you have broken any of these rules, the Club Committee will determine an appropriate penalty after discussing the complaint with you. The possible penalties include, but are not limited to, verbal warnings, time penalties, forfeiture of points and disqualification.
- The Clubs Committee decision in relation to any penalty will be final.
- 18 and over $5 per night
- Or $50 for the season if paid by 5 November 2015
- 17 and under $3 per night
- Or $30 for the season if paid by 5 November 2015
Non-members – no points
- 18 and over $10 per night
- 17 and under $5 per night
- Tertiary Student $5 per night (Student ID required)